Summary: I am currently working with an international, renewables focused, energy trading and services company. The company employs over 90 energy professionals based in Ireland, the UK, Europe, and Japan. They intelligently leverage the benefits of new technologies, using their advanced methodologies, and the application of unrivalled expertise to develop innovative energy trading and renewable risk management solutions. They are currently looking for a Senior individual with a background in Market, Credit, Middle Office and Operational Risk at a Commodity Trading house covering Power, Gas, LNG and Renewables.
- Lead the Global Energy business, in particular the Middle Office functions comprising risk, pricing, and portfolio management.
- Carryout an in-depth risk assessment (ad hoc) and the ongoing monitoring of operational risk indicators.
- Ensure the continued collaboration and communication with the traders, senior management, and the risk teams - reporting your findings and recommendations of the key risk and control indicators from the operational risk reviews.
- Responsible for developing strong relationships with key stakeholders and senior management by addressing and rectifying any concerns effectively.
- Design and implement the risk management policies and procedures of the company in line with risk appetite, applicable law, regulations, and licence obligations.
- Establish adequate risk management processes, resources, and infrastructure to identify, measure and provide proper monitoring, reporting and management of risks relating to the company's commercial activities.
- Automating and streamlining the internal system inside the Market Risk, Trade control & Operational risk teams and working closely with the IT department to ensure systems enhancements are implemented accordingly.
- 10 years+ experience within a Risk Management function and proven track record managing min. a team of 5.
- Strong understanding of the Power/traded energy markets.
- Experience in design and build of a risk function within a financial trading company.
- Expert knowledge of risk metrics and risk assessment across all risk categories (Market Risk, Liquidity Risk, Credit Risk, Operational Risk, etc).
- Ability to understand and apply risk management concepts, including stress-testing, value-at-risk, liquidity adjusted VaR and scenario analysis.