Our client, one of the largest multinational insurance organizations in the United States, is looking for an Assistant General Counsel to join their Individual Retirement team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a company offering a wide range of insurance solutions, including casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement solutions, and more in 60+ countries worldwide. The position provides the opportunity to give advice and counsel on a wide scope of legal and regulatory concerns within the Individual Retirement department.
- Provide legal support for annuities; product design and development; marketing and sales of life insurance products; and compliance with state and federal law
- Manage insurance contracts filed with state insurance departments; support SEC registration; and policy owner servicing claims and administration
- Manage general contract review and contract drafting and negotiation processes, as they relate to businesses initiatives and transactions
- Work collaboratively with other members of the Legal and Compliance departments
- 6+ years of life insurance/annuity experience as a lawyer, in house and/or private practice
- JD from an accredited law school
- Admitted to the NY, TX, or CA state bar
- Generous PTO package and paid holidays
- PTO for community volunteering
This is an active role so if you are interested, please do not hesitate to apply.