This role is responsible for providing support for the Chief Risk Officer Treasury across all risk types, related governance frameworks, and a particular focus on oversight of the Funds Transfer Pricing process in the entire group. This will include the review and assessment of the existing FTP framework and its implementation across interest rate and liquidity components. The role will necessitate gaining an understanding of the Treasury activities, and associated risk portfolio.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Oversight and independent challenge of the Funds Transfer Pricing framework design and conceptual soundness, ensuring that interest rate and liquidity cost/ benefit and risk allocation mechanisms are understood and deficiencies/inconsistencies across the products, businesses, regions, etc. are flagged and dealt with through better MI reporting, modeling and governance.
- Partner with Risk Management functions in the oversight of the implementation of the FTP framework, ensuring the FTP rollout across business lines and regions incentivizes the right behaviors. Develop Key Operating Procedure specifying a framework for FTP implementation oversight, including roles and responsibilities of the different risk groups.
- Partner with Risk Management functions to conduct reviews of the Treasury's activities in the key Legal Entities for the group in the EMEA region, identifying and escalating any gaps to local regulatory requirements/ group standards for risk management.
- Assist CRO Treasury regional teams with the coordination of the FTP review globally, ensuring that (i) Group FTP framework considers local frictions/regional characteristics like currency, cross border restrictions, methodology differences, etc), and (ii) Entity's FTP framework creates right business incentives locally and fits into the local regulatory construct.
- Monitor and assess implications on the FTP framework and DB funding strategy from internal and external developments (e.g. market movements, new regulations, best practices)
- Define roles and responsibilities and the broader oversight framework over the Funding Matrix (FM), partnering with Treasury, Liquidity Risk Management, and Market Risk Management on the redesign of the FM.
Your Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Solid knowledge of the Funds Transfer Pricing frameworks and regulations to be able to challenge and provide effective oversight to the Funds Transfer Pricing review, Legal Entity FTP rollout, and specifics of implementation.
- Relevant experience with Risk Management, Treasury and other Finance areas regarding the business as well as regulatory topics
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills