In this role you shall be a key member of the in-business credit risk function with responsibility for the collateral that underpins the bank's lending activities in the EMEA region.
This is a new role in a rapidly growing area of the bank and provides an excellent opportunity for a dynamic, innovative and results-oriented individual to play a key role in the development of a new department within the bank.
Ideal candidates for this role will have extensive experience in corporate lending and related collateral activities, either in a front office/banking capacity or from a cross-business risk or support function. They will have a track record in tackling new challenges, solving complex problems, building relationships and delivering effective and robust solutions.
In this role, you will be expected to make a significant contribution towards the refinement of the team's mandate and operating model and to take a leading role in the execution of existing responsibilities including:
- The identification, classification, and prioritization of collateral-related risks (including wrong-way risk, and, in collaboration with colleagues, the internal assessment of credit and liquidity characteristics of collateral)
- The ongoing oversight, review, and refinement of collateral management processes and the tools and data supporting them
- In partnership with ICM colleagues, the integration of risks deriving from collateral into counterparty credit considerations
- Take ownership of the first-line risk agenda in all relevant governance bodies
- The leadership of the regional Collateral Risk Team including the management and career development of team members
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to work well under pressure, in a front office environment
- 5+ years of relevant experience in Financial Services (or strategy consulting) including credit extension/management in corporate lending
- Track record in building relationships and partnering with various internal teams
- Strong and impactful presentation skills
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and a quick learner
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Knowledge of the characteristics of individual collateral types, particularly real estate, physical assets, and other non-financial collateral is a plus
- Familiarity with large-scale data and querying and engaging with technology partners is preferred
- Successful in executing collaborative projects with businesses relating to data analysis, including identifying patterns and anomalies