Location: Boston, Massachusetts (In-person full time)
We currently have an opportunity for a mid-level fundraiser at a placement agent based in Boston, Mass. It is a leading placement agent specializing in fundraising services for private credit, private equity, venture capital, and alternative investment firms. They are a lean team with a proven track record of success, helping clients secure capital from institutional investors worldwide. As a dynamic and rapidly growing firm, they are seeking a talented Mid-Level Fundraiser (VP/Director) to join the team and contribute to continued success.
Job Description: Targeting an experienced Mid-Level Fundraiser with a passion for the alternative investment landscape. In this role, you will play a key part in expanding fundraising efforts, working closely with senior management to secure commitments from institutional investors. The successful candidate will have a sales background, experience networking within the institutional investor community and a proven ability to navigate the fundraising process.
- Build and Maintain Relationships: Cultivate and strengthen relationships with institutional investors, including pension funds, endowments, foundations, family offices, and other relevant entities.
- Fundraising Strategy: Collaborate with investment firms to develop and execute effective fundraising strategies tailored to their unique offerings.
- Due Diligence Support: Provide support during due diligence processes, ensuring the smooth flow of information between clients and investors.
- Market Research: Stay informed about industry trends, investor preferences, and competitive landscapes to inform fundraising strategies.
- Communication: Articulate the value proposition of our clients to potential investors through compelling presentations, pitch materials, and written communications.
- Negotiation: Assist in negotiating and structuring fundraising agreements to meet the needs of both our clients and investors.
- Experience: Minimum 6+ years of proven fundraising experience within placement agency, private credit, private equity, venture capital, or alternative investment space.
- Network: Experience networking within the institutional investor community.
- Communication Skills: Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to craft compelling fundraising narratives.
- Negotiation Skills: Proven ability to negotiate and close fundraising agreements successfully.
- Team Player: Collaborative mindset, able to work seamlessly with lean internal teams and external clients.
- Adaptability: Comfortable in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, able to adapt to changing priorities.