A top American Investment Bank in the NYC area is looking to hire an experienced candidate to their Risk & Process Validation team. The Risk Process Validation team sits in the second line of defense and is focused on assessing/reviewing control processes across Credit, Market, Liquidity, and Operational Risk. Additionally, this team is tasked with developing and implementing governance frameworks, controls testing, and making recommendations to the business.
This position is going to offer significant senior-level exposure as you will be leading a team of 5-6 Analysts and Associates and will be reporting directly to the head of the group. They are expecting this individual to be a face for regulators and a point person internally for cross-functional projects. They are ideally looking for a candidate coming from an internal audit function covering both Market and Credit risk functions.
- Lead a team of 5-6 individuals focused on assessing the adequacy of processes and controls supporting Basel regulatory risk-based capital calculations, Allowance for Credit Losses for Credit Risk and Market Risk, regulatory requirements for CCAR, and certain Operational Risk processes
- Plan and support the execution of CCAR and FR Y-14Q validation programs across the bank
- Assist in annual planning and identification of key emerging risks
- Contribute to the broader advancement of the program through exploring new technological advancements for validation (Robotics, AI, Data Analytics, etc.)
- Support the execution of governance, risk assessment, process review and validation
- Monitor and report technology strategy
- Leverage testing observations to improve the teams validation methodology
- Partner with Model Validation and Regulatory Reporting teams to support a unified validation program end to end
- 8-10+ years of experience in internal audit or enterprise stress-testing
- Expert knowledge of big bank regulations and CCAR
- Strong familiarity with the different risk stripes - Operational Risk, Market Risk, Credit Risk, Model Risk
- Prior Project Management exposure is preferred but not required
- Leadership/Management experience