Our Bulge bracket client is looking to bring in an experienced candidate to develop and monitor the underwriting strategies for the consumer banking division. This incumbent will be an integral contributor to new product offerings as the bank looks to transition to a completely digital platform. This role will require extensive acquisition and underwriting strategy development, specifically with POS/ lease-to-own product offerings. Because it is a newly created role within the business, this position will require extensive 'hands on' work and allow you to develop these products from the ground -up in addition to complete autonomy to build out your team as you go. Additionally, this position will offer complete remote flexibility, even after the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic have subsided.
- Spearhead the development, implementation and monitoring of all strategies for the bank's POS lending products
- Liaise and effectively collaborate with multiple business lines to assure accurate underwriting strategies to drive profitability and limit exposure at the point of purchase.
- Stay up to speed on the latest market trends and product offering in an effort to remain competitive and win market share.
- Hire, train and effectively manage a team of direct reports to support strategic analytics as needed.
- Support various segments of the loan life-cycle where needed.
- Present findings and suggestions to senior leadership and internal stakeholders around respective product(s)
- Proven track record developing acquisitions and underwriting strategies within the consumer banking domain.
- Subject matter expertise in short term/ Point-of-sale lending products.
- Previous experience managing a team is preferred but not required.
- Master's degree or above in any relevant field of study.
- 10+ years of financial services experience.
- Strong analytics background with working knowledge of SAS, SQL, Tableu.