A top American Investment Bank is looking to hire a VP-level candidate to their Corporate Lending Credit Risk team with a focus on Leveraged Lending. The bank has a reputation for running lean, so the front office and credit risk groups work very closely together. At a high level, the corporate lending credit risk team is accountable for evaluating the credit risk involved with certain transactions, and ultimately approves, rejects, or modifies them based on client's overall risk profile. They will also assign internal credit ratings to quantify risk, establish credit risk limits, and monitor credit risk exposures.
The bank is looking for an experienced candidate who has direct credit risk experience within leveraged lending. They are very open minded on the industry coverage. This individual will be accountable for mentoring and guiding the junior analysts in the team, so effective communication skills and the desire to take on more leadership responsibility will be important.
- Lead in analyzing credit requests from new and existing commercial and industrial clients
- Work directly with Senior Credit Officers and provide recommendations on loan transactions with a focus on leveraged lending
- Work with the business to find solutions to credit issues
- Oversee and lead analysis and documentation of credit decisions including credit memos, financial forecasts, and credit risk rating models
- Monitor the portfolio of existing credits for warning signs
- Mentor and guide the junior level analysts and associates in the team
- 5+ years of experience in a credit risk role at a bank
- Experience in leveraged lending
- Bachelor's degree is a minimum
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills