One of the largest investment banks in London are seeking a VP Credit Risk Manager with experience covering Insurance portfolios, Financial Institutions or Non-Banking Financial Institutions to lead the insurance team across the credit risk space. You will be expected to work effectively with the front office and senior management across the bank.
- Review ratings and credit proposals of Financial Institutions (FI), Insurance companies, Non-Banking Financial Institutions (NBFI's), sovereign and supranationals
- Prepare Credit Proposals and carryout a detailed analysis of new and existing Non-Banking Financial Institutions (NBFIs) counterparties for the bank.
- Critically review transactional activities from front office, providing both recommendations and improvements.
- Responsible for monitoring your own portfolio of the bank and ensure any changes are actioned in a timely manner.
- You will be expected to work alongside both the front office, risk and senior management teams effectively.
- Daily monitoring and validation of the banks portfolios, ensuring the mitigation of risk and the minimization of credit cost.
- Ensure all risk model(s) align with the set regulatory requirements as well as policies set by the bank.
- Responsible for communicating to both technical/non-technical audiences and collaborate with multiple functions across the bank (incl. FIG Credit, EMEA Risk Management and Global functions across the bank).
- A PhD or Masters in Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Engineering or an equivalent in other science disciplines.
- 7 years' experience in Credit Risk with a focus on FI or NBFI Credit Analysis (with an insurance focus)
- Experience working within the EMEA.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of products covering corporate lending, trade finance and derivatives.
- Proven experience working with legal documentation, key credit clauses and knowledge of the regulatory framework.
- Ability to work in a pressurized environment, handling large workloads and ensuring set deadlines are met.
- Excellent Microsoft Office knowledge and skills.