A globally known quantitative hedge fund is seeking a VMware Engineer to join their team either in Chicago or NY. As the VMware/Virtualization expert for a newly built team, you'll play a major role in defining how the virtualized environment should look like moving forward for the entire firm. The ideal engineer for the position will be hands-on and an out-of-the-box thinker. If this sounds like you, please don't hesitate to apply to learn more about the role and the vision of the firm!
Responsibilities and ideal skills:
- 5+ years of engineer; you'll be extremely hands-on with building, deploying, and implementing innovative solutions for the environment. You'll be proficient with programming in at least one or more languages (Go, Python, Powershell, Rust, etc.)
- Professional experience working with VMware VM Technologies (vCenter, vSpere, ESX, and SRM.)
- Strong ability to communicate; you'll be communicating directly with users of the platform and will need strong experience with self-documenting, version-controlled code, and configuration.
- Professional experience with enterprise networks and a strong understanding of the scaling challenges (IP, Multicast, Fibre Channel, etc.)
- Professional experience using storage technologies (local, remote file (nfs), remote block.)