A top International Investment Bank is looking to make an experienced hire to join their lean US-based team that covers all market risk for the firm's US Legal Entities. This role reports directly up to the Head of the Group, offering exposure across different risk stripes as well as working with market risk metrics on a daily basis.
This hire will be responsible for covering the oversight and reporting of all Market Risk for the firm's US Legal Entities business line and ensure compliance within the market risk limits in relation to the firm's risk appetite. This candidate will be joining a lean but growing team, offering the chance to take on senior-level responsibility earlier in their career. Along with working with senior management and the Board of Directors at a high level on a daily basis, this candidate will also be tasked with communicating all market risk to regulators and management, analyzing key trading strategies and products to ensure alignment with risk tolerance and objectives, and investigating risks to provide insight and analysis on risk trends.
The firm is ideally looking for candidates with a strong and extensive knowledge of financial markets and risk management, prior experience working with regulators (OCC, FED, etc.), effective communication skills to carry out reporting and escalation to senior management, and strong technology knowledge in Tableau and Python (preferred).
- Oversight of market risk exposures and risk reporting for the firm's US Legal Entities
- Analyzing key trading strategies and products to ensure alignment with risk tolerance
- Preparing risk reports and material to be presented to regulators and senior management committees on the firm's US Legal Entities market risk profile
- Manage a market risk limit framework in line with the firm's risk limits and appetite
- Strong and extensive knowledge of financial markets and risk management
- Prior experience communicating and interfacing with regulators, such as the Fed or OCC
- Strong technology knowledge in Tableau and Python
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with senior management on a daily basis