A major, bulge-bracket investment bank is looking to add headcount to their Credit Risk team within their Corporate Credit Group covering the industrial sector. The bank is an industry-leading in the leveraged loan space and is actively looking to onboard candidates at the VP level as they role out their first hiring initiative following the COVID-19 economic shock.
Within the bank, the credit risk team evaluates credit risk transactions and approves/rejects/modifies them based on their overall risk profile, assigns internal credit ratings, establish credit risk limits, and reports exposures on a regular basis to the CRO. The credit risk team works very closely with the Corporate Credit Group, which provides credit analysis in support of the bank's lending and sales and trading business with large commercial and industrial clients. More specifically, the group provides credit analysis and ratings across the institutional products business, which includes M&A, Leveraged Lending, and S&T clients.
- Lead analysts and associates in analyzing credit requests from new and existing large commercial and industrial clients
- Provide senior-level credit risk officers with credit recommendations on loan transactions (with a focus on leveraged lending)
- Work with teams to find solutions to credit issues
- Monitor portfolio of existing credits for warning signs of potential risk within credit profile
- Oversee the analysis and documentation of credit decisions (credit memos, financial forecasts, and credit risk rating models)
- Work closely with front office teams (capital markets, leveraged lending deal teams, etc) on due dilligence and transaction processes.
- 7-10 years of experience in a banking credit role
- Experience with leveraged lending
- Ability to quickly analyze and assess complex information
- Strong verbal and oral communication skills to articulate complicated ideas and/or findings
- Experience training or managing junior talent
- MBA or CFA preferred but not required