A Venture Capital group investing in early stage enterprise technology companies is looking to add an Associate to the investment team as they begin investing out of a new $100 million fund. The key focus areas driving their investments are computing, analytics, networks, and cybersecurity and as a top 5% performing Venture Capital firm, they offer Associates an unmatched experience that develops a well-rounded skillset.
Venture Associate Responsibilities
- Screen companies from curated lists to find those that might be suitable for investment
- Do competitive analysis centered on a company of interest
- Perform due diligence on companies of interest
- Map out target verticals or technologies of interest to understand the landscape of who is doing what and to identify opportunities for investment
- Document investment decisions and diligence process
- Help portfolio companies with development of financial models, pitch decks, etc.
- Build relationships to facilitate direct outreach to potential portfolio companies and perform outreach
- Conduct initial screening call with company to see if it is worth considering as a possible investment
- Attend demo days and other events to scout for companies of interest
Venture Associate Requirements
- High level understanding of computing, analytics, AI, and cybersecurity technology to be able to identify trends and issues
- Understanding of company financial statements and ability to build financial models
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Bachelor's degree
- Though this job is remote, the candidate must live in the New York or San Francisco area so that they may meet regularly with partners.