(Full-time / W-2)
An elite proprietary trading firm in Chicago is seeking a talented Software Engineer to join their team. As a member of our engineering team, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and optimizing trading systems. You will work closely with our trading and quantitative teams to build and deliver high-quality, architecturally sound software systems that can be leveraged across various asset classes.
- Develop and maintain high-performance automated trading systems
- Collaborate with trading and quantitative teams to ensure that trading strategies are implemented effectively and efficiently
- Enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the software development process
- Perform code reviews, testing, and debugging to ensure high-quality software delivery
- Participate in research and development of new technologies and approaches to solve complex trading problems
- Take ownership of projects and drive them to completion
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related engineering field
- Strong experience in C++ and Python programming languages
- Knowledge of object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms
- Experience with high-performance, multi-threaded, network programming
- Experience building automated trading systems is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and a drive for innovation
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with a team of passionate individuals who are constantly striving to push the boundaries of the trading industry. If you are a motivated self-starter with a strong technical background and a passion for finance, we want to hear from you.