A top investment bank is in search of strong engineers to add to new team focused on building a cloud-based FX Payments platform as well as trading platforms! This small team allows engineers to wear multiple hats and is comprised of the firm's top tech talent.
The ideal candidate will have strong experience with either Java or Python as well as exposure to tools such as Spring Boot, Hibernate, Docker, and Jenkins. However, the team is open to seeing candidates with various backgrounds.
As this team is expanding, there are multiple greenfield initiatives to attack - allowing new team members to immediately impact the success of the business unit!
If you're in search of an opportunity to be apart of a distinguished team of engineers working on top level projects, this is the role for you.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- Strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Experience in software development, including a clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, software design and core programming concepts
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and ability to work across teams
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment whilst maintaining strong attention to detail
- Highly motivated with a strong sense of ownership and desire for impact
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience using a modern programming language (preferably Java
- Prior experience working on high availability, mission critical systems
- Previous commercial experience in a business-facing, front office engineering role in the finance industry, building trading platforms
- Knowledge of financial markets with experience in products such as bonds, CDS, indices or index option
- Fluency with SpringBoot, Hibernate, RESTful services
- Experience with microservice architectures (SOA)
- Experience building enterprise applications on cloud infrastructure (preferably AWS)
- Experience applying infrastructure-as-code techniques (i.e. using Docker, Terraform)
- Familiarity with Git, awareness of CI/CD principles & automation pipelines
- Familiarity with security principles and associated implementation, e.g. TLS, certificates
- Experience with FX or Payments systems
- Experience in Financial Services or Fintech
- Experience with workflow systems.
- Experience with SQL databases (PostgreSQL)
- Experience with Apache Kafka