A leading hedge fund is actively looking for the next-generation problem of problem solvers to come join their team in Chicago or NY. As a Systems Engineer, you'll be designing, developing, and maintaining some of the largest and most complex systems while using the latest technologies and collaborating with some of the brightest minds in the industry. To learn more about the role, don't hesitate to apply!
Responsibilities of a Systems Engineer:
- Be a key contributor in defining and driving the design and development of large-scale distributed systems.
- Constantly challenge the norm by collaborating with others to reinvent or continually improve the reliability, scalability, and performance of infrastructure-related applications.
- Build automation to monitor and manage infrastructure services.
- Automate any process and every process.
- Bachelor's, Master's or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 1 - 4 years of professional experience working as a DevOps or SRE role; have an SRE mindset
- Experience in the following domains: Networking, Computing, and Storage
- Proficient with programming languages; preferably Python, Shell, Perl
- Extensive experience working with large distributed, scalable, and complex systems
- Experience with highly scalable configuration management tools (Ansible, Salt, Puppet, etc.), experience with containerization tools (Docker or Kubernetes), and experience with monitoring technologies (Zabbix/ITRS)
- Professional experience with Linux, working knowledge of networking fundamentals, and hardware.