An international bank is looking to add to their credit portfolio management team with someone to focus on stressed/distressed assets.
- Responsible for developing milestones against which the progress of the Stressed Asset Group's strategy implementation can be measured for Hong Kong. Assist stressed asset group execution tracker to monitor such progress for regional portfolio.
- Help improve efficiency, speed, and productivity of capital for stressed asset portfolio and for broader business balance sheet
- Execute the implementation of policies & control standards set by risk control owners and policy owners where appropriate. Ensuring compliance and operating within risk tolerance and risk appetite. Contribute to the adequacy and effectiveness of the systems, controls and procedures relating to stressed asset group and credit portfolio management, that they are regularly and independently tested, assessed and improved in a timely manner
- Ensure there is a framework for effective management of operational risks within Stressed Asset Group and compliance with applicable internal policies, and external laws and regulations
- Graduate qualifications: Post-Graduate qualifications such as MBA, CFA, Chartered Accountancy, Mathematics/ Statistics, Qualified Lawyer
- Strong relevant experience in the banking industry with experience underwriting, managing, and recovering credit exposures across developing and developed jurisdictions.
- Extensive experience in structuring credit risk products, restructuring of credit exposures, asset distribution, and exposure to credit derivatives and asset securitisation
- Sound knowledge of laws relating to bankers' rights, corporate finance, security documentation and realisation, appropriate Corporate Law, receivership, bankruptcy and winding up.
- Able to resolve conflicts, manage crises and solve problems, withstand pressure, work efficiently, set priorities and organise management time among numerous accounts needing urgent attention simultaneously, with initiative, creativity, resourcefulness, analytic ability, energy and determination to execute and win.
- Able to communicate well both orally and in writing, and to conduct meetings (often in hostile/confrontational circumstances or at very senior levels) and focus on relevant issues.