Summary: One of the world's largest hedge funds in the alternative investment space is seeking a talented software developer to join their team in New York City. Over the last 30 years, they have created an elite culture with the most talented and accomplished financial software engineers in the world. They are seeking a critical thinking engineer who can problem solve in a fast paced environment and own their project from start to finish. The work you do in this role will have a direct impact on the firm's performance.
- Partner with the industry's top investment professionals, quantitative researchers, and data scientists to design, develop, and deploy solutions that answer fundamental questions about financial markets
- Design and develop our next-gen reference system with high performance, low latency, ease of use.
- Design and maintain ETL pipelines for seamlessly ingesting data from diverse sources into our systems, contributing to the expansion of our knowledge graph.
- Create and execute appropriate quality plans, project plans, test strategies and processes for development activities in concert with business and project management efforts
- 5+ years of work experience in financial software development
- Proficiency in Java, knowledge of C++ and Python is a plus
- Exposure to reference data and or extensive work with data ingestion
- Experience in commodity products, such as power and gas
- Passion for working with financial data, and a good understanding of data modeling
- Experience architecting and developing solutions to ambiguous problems with significant impact
- Experienced in distributed system design, with prior ownership to mission-critical systems
- Bachelor's, Master's or PhD degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Full insurance benefits
- 401K + company match
- PTO + public holidays
- Continued education stipend
- On-site gym and fitness stipend
Base salary range for this role is $250,000 to $300,000. Base salary does not include other forms of compensation or benefits.
If you think you're a good fit or know of anyone who would be a good fit for the Software Engineer, Enterprise Data role, please don't wait to apply