Role Responsibilities for Senior Trader
- Trading of physical heavy oil products and associated derivatives.
- Managing risk exposure on the trading book.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with trading counterparties.
- Negotiating term and spot contracts with producers, refiners and traders.
- Devising proprietary trading strategies, both on physical and derivatives.
- Sourcing of feedstock for the refining and petrochemical system.
- Develop an asset backed trading strategy across all productions/assets.
- Liaise with charterers in shipping and operations to ensure all physical movements are executed safely and efficiently.
- guide and mentor the Trading Analysts dedicated to the oil products trading team.
- Ensure all trading activity is always carried out in compliance with all relevant policies and regulations and principles.
Individual Attributes for Senior Trader
- Minimum 5 years of experience in physical trading.
- Proven track record of delivering profitable trades.
- Solid experience within the bitumen segment.
- Experience with derivative instruments for hedging.
- Knowledge of market fundamentals and market analysis.
- Experience of refining, petrochemical and upstream operations and processes considered as beneficial.
- Proficient with IT standard software and software dedicated to the trading activities.