A leading Asset Manager in the New York Area is looking to hire a Senior Risk Analyst to cover their Equity and Alternative Investments Portfolios. The firm manages more than $3Trillion in total assets, and has a presence in the US, Canada, the UK, Netherlands, Hong Kong, and Singapore. This position sits on the trade floor and you will be accountable for working with 12-15 portfolio managers on a daily basis.
This individual will report directly to the Head of Equity and Alts Risk and will play a key role in continuing to build and enhance the firm's investment risk framework. The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of experience, strong technical skills, ability to communicate and build relationships with investment teams, and long term goals.
- Design analytics and deliver analysis to drive engagement with the investment teams and provide insight into the investment process
- Provide quantitative risk, performance, and analytical support for the investment teams
- Participate in research efforts to identify opportunities for enhancing risk management and investment behavior
- Continually manage and enhance the fund's risk framework and risk limits
- Manage and enhance the firm's equity risk factor models (Barra)
- Product risk analytics - VaR, scenario analysis, etc.
- Identify, evaluate and report on current risks across all investment strategies and portfolios
- Work with leadership to interview and hire prospective PMs
- Present to the Risk Committee and Investment Committee
- 4+ years of experience in risk or quantitative analytics
- Strong knowledge of equities - L/S or systematic
- Coding experience in Python and SQL
- Strong communication skills
- Experience using multi-factor equity risk models - Barra and/or Axioma/Qontigo