An industry-leading power and gas shop is looking to onboard a Senior Risk Analyst to report directly to the Head of Risk. The firm is one of the largest electricity and power providers globally and they trade a broad range of power and gas products across Europe and North America. The firm has generation assets across the globe and specifically has a footprint in 40 countries.
This role will sit on the trade floor and will play a pivotal role in the firm's growth initiative for 2021. The role can offer initial remote flexibility, but will be expected to be in the office some time this summer.
- Provide oversight for the North American power portfolio in multiple markets, and work closely within the commercial organization to understand embedded exposures
- Analyze and assess the risks associated with new and existing structured deals and hedging strategies
- Have a full understanding of all trading activities, current positions, PnL developments, and risk figures to address certain situations
- Enforcing the market risk policies across the North American power portfolios
- Manage market risk limits
- Conduct back testing of risk metrics including VaR and sensitivity/scenario analysis
- Assist traders in managing key risks at a strategy and portfolio level
- Guide and mentor junior risk analysts
- 6+ years of experience in a middle office or risk role
- Exposure to North American Gas and Power markets
- Experience with energy risk assessment and analysis
- Understanding of power purchasing agreements, load transactions, renewable markets, and associated risks
- Strong communication skills