Senior Java Developer - Salary on Application
Our client provides an extensive range of financial market data services and analytics to thousands of customers worldwide, including banks, brokerage firms, mutual funds companies, ETF sponsors, hedge funds, pension funds, insurance companies and asset management firms.
The candidate will demonstrate the ability to engage stakeholders across Technology, QA, BA and Product Management teams in delivering on key initiatives within the Pricing & Analytics Business. The Lead Developer will critically analyse requirements and propose technical solutions in delivering projects within expected parameters of cost, time and quality.
The working environment is fast-paced, high demand, and closely integrated with business stakeholders. The candidate should be a self-motivated quick learner who thrives on tackling new and varied challenges.
Job Specifications - Technical
- 7+ years of development and architecture experience with Core and Enterprise Java
- Ability to architect, design and communicate technical approaches to the development team
- Hands on experience with the Spring stack (Spring Core, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud & Microservices, Spring Data JPA…)
- Preference for experience with any of the following - React, Drools, Snowflake, AWS S3, Flowable BPM, Spark Mllib
- Solid fundamentals on Object Oriented Design & Data Structures
- Strong experience with relational databases (preferably Oracle and/or MySQL) including SQL schema design, stored procedures, and triggers. Experience in troubleshooting performance issues.
- Strong experience with SQL and relational databases
- Proficient in Linux/Unix & shell scripting
- Demonstrated ability to write high performance software
- Strong experience with design-for-testability and unit-tests
Job Specifications - Functional & Collaborative
- Strong knowledge of both Fixed Income and Equity Capital Markets Fundamentals
- Ability to work both independently and leading a group of developers through an entire project lifecycle
- Ability to work within both Agile methodology (e.g. Scrum) and Waterfall SDLC framework
- Ability to document clear and concise technical specifications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and juggle priorities across different efforts/projects
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in Computer Science or an equivalent field of study
Apply now for immediate consideration