Role: Senior Financial Crime Quality Assurance Officer
Salary: Competitive and candidate dependent
Reporting To: Head of Financial Crime Quality Assurance
A leading Dutch Bank is seeking a senior quality assurance officer to join their FCC Quality Assurance team. This is a unique, though challenging opportunity where the ideal candidate will ensure quality in the bank wide compliance processes and in particular, focus on the end-to-end FCC related processes. FCC Quality Assurance is an integral part of the processes and governance that are put in place to secure the success of the Bank-wide FEC & KYC efforts. It achieves its goals by the performance of objective testing to determine how accurately the implementation of FEC related controls reflects the risk appetite of the bank, in line with the relevant local and global requirements. This is achieved by means of testing that the processes and/or systems (i) are designed to ensure adherence to the relevant requirements; (ii) are operating as intended, and therefore achieve the expected results; and (iii) will continue to operate as intended in the future. FCC Quality Assurance team does this in close cooperation with many partners inside the Group, both business and with the help of other 2nd line (NFR) departments.
This opportunity is especially suitable for someone who is keen to contribute to a safe and secure international bank, who thrives on a high degree of self-organization and responsibility in his/her day to day activities. If you are seeking an opportunity with plenty of remit, do not hesitate to apply!
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has 5+ years of relevant Compliance and especially FCC experience
- Has in-depth knowledge and at least 3+ years of relevant professional experience in the development of and working with QA/monitoring/auditing;
- Expresses a strong personal vision regarding Financial Crime-related risks in the financial sector, and understands the added value of quality assurance therein;
- Has a track record in building and deploying QA reports while using data analytical or similar techniques, to make sure new technical and data quality standards are properly reflected into the QA processes;
- Is confident, self-organizing and result-driven;
- Has excellent writing and presenting skills that help deliver outstanding products and services to empower our (senior) stakeholders with decision-making advantages. Experience with (senior) stakeholder management is preferable;
- Comfortable to work in global virtual teams and contributes to the development of the same;
- Understands the business of banking, and has professional knowledge of the Financial Crime Compliance domain in financial institutions, and the related processes, technology and developments in the field
- Is fluent in English (verbal/written);