You must be able to manipulate large amounts of data, extract key insights from the data using statistical concepts, and then clearly and concisely communicate actionable recommendations based upon your insights. In many cases, you will manage projects at various stages from idea or hypothesis generation to development and implementation, including being responsible for project management plans and timelines. You will be expected to provide leadership at the concept and process level to guide projects and initiatives to completion.
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Extract and analyze data from multiple disparate sources and data with varying degrees of quality
- Utilize statistical segmentation techniques to identify new opportunities
- Perform complex qualitative and quantitative analysis of credit polices to pursue specific financial and credit goals
- Develop complete business cases for new opportunities, inclusive of financial modeling and forecasts
- Develop underwriting or portfolio credit decision strategies
- Develop or contribute to the development of complex predictive analytical models (risk, loss, decision)
- Evaluate new risk products (data-only or data-driven solutions) offered by external vendors or partners
- Perform trend, regression analysis and key metric forecasting
- Superior time management skills and project management fundamentals (schedule and resourcing)
- 5+ years of quantitative analytic modeling experience or comparable process management experience
- 3+ years of Credit or Collections risk management experience, preferably with a credit card issuer
- BA/BS in Finance, Economics, Mathematics. Statistics or related degree
- Proficiency in SAS or other statistical/analytical programming languages
- Advanced skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, required.
- Superior communication, organization and presentation skills desired
- Master's Degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Statistics or related degree
- Basic to intermediate proficiency in SQL, C++ or Python
- Project Management experience preferred
- Experience with credit risk decision engine software and platform solutions
- Education - Minimum Required: Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Statistics or related degree