A leading global alternative asset manager that runs approximately $15bn in assets under management is looking to hire a highly proficient candidate to join their product accounting team as a senior associate.
The forward-thinking asset manager will continue to invest huge amounts into the people of the business, and thus offer extensive opportunities for training and development at every level and an environment that encourages and rewards individual contribution and participation.
- Review month-end valuations produced by the fund administrators through comparison with our own independently calculated books and records
- Regular liaison with third-party service providers to resolve issues and discrepancies in data
- Review and update transactions and product data within our internal accounting system
- Management of all cash flows, payables, and monthly cash projections
- Finalization of weekly estimates and monthly valuations for internal and external reporting
- Responsible for the review/preparation of financial statements and the coordination of audits for assigned products
- Liaison with the external tax accountants regarding the completion of the necessary tax filings
- Responsible for a variety of reporting, analysis and reconciliation tasks to support the Product Accounting team across the UK and the US
- interaction with other functional areas of the firm to facilitate ongoing business needs including assistance in the review and preparation of data and reports used by the client reporting, trading, sales and investment management teams
- Adhere to all aspects to the Financial Conduct Authority's Senior Management and Certification Regime (SMCR) and maintain full compliance to the COCON rules
- Ad hoc requests and special projects as necessary
Skills & Knowledge:
- 2-4 years' experience as a fund accountant, administrator or auditor in the investment management industry
- Accounting qualifications, part qualified or fully qualified
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of GAAP and financial reporting
- Ability to work independently and as part of a group
- Ability to multitask and prioritise to ensure deadlines are met while maintaining a flexible approach
- Advanced excel and computer skills
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Strong analytical skills
This is an opportunity to become part of a highly talented team in a role whose work will create the platform for the future direction of this technology-enabled globally recognized organization.
Please apply directly on this site and a member of Selby Jennings's Investment Management Team will reach out to discuss your application.