We have a current opportunity for a Senior Actuarial Analyst / Associate Actuary on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Alpharetta Georgia.
The ideal candidate will be ACAS certified or near-ACAS with a minimum of six years of actuarial experience, particularly in the field of Property and Homeowners. Proficiency in effective collaboration, communication, and deriving insights from data is crucial for this role.
- Develops strong relationships with business partners to align business strategies with actuarial insights and analytics.
- Collaborates with underwriting and claims departments to determine loss reserves, which are reviewed with senior leadership and reflected in the company's financial statements.
- Manages the production of intricate actuarial analyses and reports, aiding in the monitoring and measurement of profitability.
- Stays abreast of industry trends, analyzes claim frequency and severity metrics, and communicates findings to underwriting and claims management.
- Works alongside the finance team to create projections for premiums, loss ratios, and expenses as part of the planning process.
- Collaborates with catastrophe management and reinsurance departments to handle concentration and provide an economic perspective on reinsurance purchase options.
- Assists in identifying new opportunities, including constructing technical pricing models and evaluating performance.
- Undertakes other assigned duties, including collaboration with Business Intelligence and Predictive Modeling teams.
- Minimum of six years of actuarial experience and completion of five actuarial exams or equivalent practical experience.
- Equivalent experience entails a minimum of 15 years of relevant Property and Casualty actuarial experience.
- Profound understanding of actuarial procedures and methodologies, encompassing pricing, reserving, and modeling.
- Strong critical thinking and complex problem-solving skills, with an ability to establish mutual trust.
- Exceptional work ethic, dedicated to meeting deadlines.
- Capable of both independent work and effective collaboration within a team setting.
- Proficient in building and nurturing professional relationships.
- Ability to convey complex ideas to diverse audiences.
- Results-oriented individual with the capacity and experience to quickly earn respect within the industry, and the surrounding community.
- All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States and should not require VISA sponsorship for current or future employment purposes.
- Eight years of actuarial experience.
- Associate of the Casualty Actuarial Society working toward Fellowship.
- Experience in Homeowners, Property, and catastrophe modeling.
- Proficiency in SQL and Python.
- Familiarity with industry sources such as Verisk, S&P, and others.