We are looking for Senior Actuarial Analysts to lead and develop complex actuarial analyses for ratemaking or reserving activities, recommend and implement creative solutions for problems faced by the business, and help form pricing and reserving strategies. Senior Actuarial Analysts will also be relied upon to continually develop data expertise, for legacy and new data sources that fuel our new products. We expect our senior actuarial analysts to be leaders in helping the actuarial departments employ new methodologies and in the adoption of new technical tools and processes to help the department innovate with efficiency.
As a senior actuarial analyst you may also write and review text for rate reviews, filings, and internal memos and e-mails describing results of analysis and assist in advocacy of filings with regulators. You may design and test databases and experience reports in consultation with IT and may present analyses to members of management. Senior actuarial analysts are also expected to be active in disseminating actuarial, technical and analytical knowledge and best practices throughout the department.
- BA/BS required in Statistics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Economics, or related field
- Active progress towards achieving CAS actuarial designation required (5+ exams preferred)
- 2½ or more years work related experience required
- Experience using PowerBI, R, Shiny, SQL, or Python or other programming languages strongly preferred
- Good communication skills
- Must have outstanding analytical (mathematical) skills
- Good understanding of personal auto ratemaking or reserving is required