We are working alongside our client, a leading Luxembourgish financial services provider, on their search for a Senior Accountant to join their headquarters in Luxembourg. This position represents the opportunity to take on a leadership position within a thriving organisation specialising in the Luxembourgish market.
The Senior Accountant will:
- Prepare both quarterly and annual financial statements in line with relevant internal guidelines and directives
- Play an active role in identifying weaknesses and improving processes
- Participate in board meetings of his/her clients
- Be willing and able to assist and help train junior staff members
- Be an intermediary between clients, legal teams and management as a Project Manager or Coordinator
- Possess a bachelor's or master's degree in a relevant field, i.e. business administration, finance, economics etc.
- Already have an in-depth understanding of IFRS and local accounting principles, predominantly LuxGAAP, as well as consolidation topics
- Have had at least 4 years of relevant experience as an Accountant or Auditor in Luxembourg, ideally in a financial services institution
- Possess fluent verbal and written skills in English and German
- Be a great communicator and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
- Be able to conduct projects independently while also enjoying working with a team
Our client is a leading financial services provider who are headquartered in Luxembourg and work alongside a broad portfolio of clients.
To apply for the Senior Accountant role, please contact Tom Flint, Specialist Recruitment Consultant at Selby Jennings, with your CV at
We are looking forward to hearing from you soon!