The scope of the Regulatory Policy and Engagement Manager role shall cover regulatory policy matters relating to Wholesale Credit Risk and Traded Risk modelling, Traded Risk and Treasury Risk Management (notably Interest Rate Risk in the Banking Book).
The individual shall also be required to liaise with Heads of Businesses as it relates to industry engagement and advocacy and influencing regulatory rulemaking in line with the business's objectives.
The role holder will be responsible for
- Exercise review on activities undertaken by Global Risk Analytics (need to work closely with WCR and TR quants teams), and ensure Quality Assurance of regulatory deliverables is maintained.
- Ensuring coordination across the Group with regard to regulatory strategy and engagement related to the models developed by quant teams.
- Providing policy interpretation and regulatory guidance for regulatory policies within the remit of the Risk function.
- Influencing European rulemaking at the technical subject matter level, through trade associations as well as through bilateral engagement with the ACP-R, Tresor, as well as EU rulemaking bodies as required.
- Produce and exercise oversight of Significant Risk Transfer (SRT) regulatory notifications, including their compliance with all necessary regulatory requirements.
Impact on the Business
- Provide guidance and opine on regulatory policy.
- Preparation of consultation responses and, where relevant, submissions to regulators.
- Drafting policy interpretations and opinions.
- Provide targeted regulatory guidance on impact of new reforms, and compliance with existing regulation
- Compliance with internal assessment standards and external regulatory requirements
Customers / Stakeholders
- Regulators (local ACPR, European Central Bank and PRA as required)
- Global Risk Analytics
- Traded Risk and Treasury Risk Management
- Wholesale Credit Risk
- Global Finance/Asset-Liability Management
- Masters/PhD level in Math Science/Engineering/Mathematical Finance/Statistics/Econometrics
- Strong understanding of financial regulations and publications (e.g. CRR, EBA RTS, PRA SS11/13) and experience with process change design and implementation, e.g. experience translating policies into implementable actions
- Modelling experience in wholesale credit risk and/or traded risk
- High level of expertise in Excel & Access (VBA level), PowerPoint
- Good knowledge of wholesale credit, trading business & products, and regulatory framework.
- Good communication skills (oral and written) are essential.
- Ability to articulate complex ideas in a clear manner with heightened attention to detail
- Able to handle multiple concurrent projects and ensure appropriate tracking of deliverables
- Must be able to demonstrate an innovative approach to structured problem resolution. Able to ensure clear understanding of team aims and objectives