An industry-leading multi-strategy hedge fund based out of Boston, MA is looking for a Risk Analyst to work closely with the Investment Team and report directly to the Head of Risk. The hedge fund is managing roughly $4B AUM spread out across mostly institutional investors, including corporate pensions, public pensions, endowments, government entities, and private investors. The fund is known for their very complex, yet successful proprietary trading strategies, which are designed to yield the highest possible risk adjusted returns.
The fund is very intellectually driven, so they typically like to recruit individuals coming from strong academic pedigrees, with exceptional analytical skill sets. They hire people from all different industries, including technology, supply chain, and healthcare, to ensure that they are gaining expertise from a range of different markets. The fund is very collaborative, and you will be encouraged to pitch meaningful ideas directly to the investment teams.
- Work closely with a number of different teams to analyze trading strategies and the mechanisms of their proprietary risk system
- Own the model implementation process
- Oversee the innovation of these models and work collaboratively to develop new, cutting-edge factors to be incorporated
- Maintain traded securities on the risk engine on a daily basis
- Run quantitative risk analysis through stress testing and scenario shocks
- Design and automate reports for the Head of Risk, portfolio managers, and traders
- Own the risk system
- M.S. degree from a credited University (3.6 GPA +)
- Strong quantitative and analytical skill sets
- Understanding of systematic trading strategies
- Exposure to both equity and fixed income products
- Professional or internship experience at a vendor such as Bloomberg, Axioma, or MSCI is preferred
- There is no specific required years of professional experience for this role