An Alternative Investment Boutique located in Seattle is looking to hire a Risk Analyst to help support the firm's risk function in a role that offers high visibility to senior management and broad exposure across asset classes. This hire will sit on a lean team, work closely with the investment management team, and work with senior management on a daily basis.
In this lean team, management offers a very autonomous environment where this hire will wear a number of different hats in the support of the risk function. The candidate will be responsible for managing and interpreting risk information from the investment managers, developing and enhancing risk models for the fund, understanding and working with risk statistics, and covering ad hoc work for new investments and initiatives.
The firm is ideally looking for junior candidates with 1-2 years of prior industry experience, preferably coming from a multi-strategy hedge fund or a fund of funds, the ability to code in Python and/or SQL, and excellent communication skills.
The role will require an office presence in Seattle, WA on a hybrid schedule of 3x a week, and remote flexibility for 2x a week.
- Managing and interpreting risk information and statistics from investment managers
- Developing and enhancing proprietary risk models
- Ad hoc work to support new investments
- Communicating complex risk concepts to non-technical audiences
- 1-2 years of prior industry experience, preferably at a multi-strategy hedge fund or a fund of funds
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Python and SQL
- Strong understanding of financial markets and alternative investments