- Research and analyze oil/gas/petrochemical markets based on public/subscribed/proprietary data to support trading decision making
- Act as the key communication point between trading and analysis
- Build, maintain and update fundamental supply/demand models, margin models and parities models across the barrels, from upstream to end user through the value chain
- Produce insightful market commentaries on both regular and ad hoc basis
- Build industry relationships and stay in contact with markets
- Play a manager role and manage a team of 3 to 4 research analysts over time.
- Degree in Quantitative Discipline/Chemical Engineering/Stats/ Financial Engineering/Mathematics
- More than 5 years' experience of a similar research/analysis role in trading environment
- Has good product exposure covering Polypropylene, or crude oil or LPG or fuel oil
- Ability to collect and gather market data and information for analysis
- In depth understanding and hands-on analysis experiences of oil/gas upstream, refinery system and petrochemical economy.
- Demonstrated analytical, modelling and quality control skills in a large data basis and complicated environment
- Mandarin speaking is a plus