A tier one hedge fund is looking to expand their London based office with an interest rate trader / sub-pm. The role requires the candidate to assist the lead portfolio manager with the whole portfolio, but also focus and be responsible for the interest Rate Linear RV Sub portfolio.
Generate trade ideas independently in the area where the trader has background or as directed by the PM.
Owning the IR RV strategies and run with them under the guidance of the lead PM but with minimal supervision.
Assist lead PM with portfolio maintenance, bookkeeping and trading.
- Over time, the candidate would need to be able to trade across asset classes on main portfolio
Initial Help with the Business Setup
- Assist the manager with the tech tools build up and help with sheets creation and ongoing maintenance - both independently and with the help of the quant team
Ongoing Tools Enhancement
- Take active interest in developing new tech tools to generate better returns
- Develop new investment strategies which are dependent on tech work
Street Colour and Ideas
- Successful amalgamation and creation of the street colour and trade ideas for the lead manager
~2-7 years of relevant experience
- Degree in a quantitative subject from a reputable top university
- Derivatives knowledge and associated maths
- Experience with programming (required)
- Strong work ethic
- Team player with the desire to help with any task to ensure team success
- Driven with a keen ambition to learn and grow as a buy-side professional
- Candidates with an interest rate trading background along with candidates from interest rate quantitative strategy desks or CVA desks are very suitable candidates
- Master's Degree or beyond (preferred)