Selby Jennings have partnered with a tier-1 New York based Hedge Fund who are seeking a Python Developer to work in the Treasury team and build out a brand new platform.
The firm focuses on global investment strategies including Global Credit, Global Convertible, Volatility & Capital Structure Arbitrage, Event-Driven Investing, Equity Long/Short & Capital Markets Trading, and Global Quantitative Trading.
The right candidate will be motivated, hardworking, and curious to learn new technologies. In short, this is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to join the build out of a top tier hedge fund's treasury functionality.
- Carrying out the design, development, and implementation of the firm's Repo, Financing and Margin modules
- Working closely with treasury users across different branches
- Work closely with a team of developers and researchers
- Assist in requirements identification and in producing specifications
- Create and maintain a development environment for efficient testing and integration
- 3+ years of relevant work experience (preferably in financial sector)
- Programming Language expertise in Python/Java
- Relational database experience, Oracle preferred
- Proficient with writing Pl/SQL and complex queries
- Previous exposure to AWS (S3, SQS/SNS) and ETL tools