Property Underwriter: Remote
A growing, top-tier insurance company that is an industry leader in the commercial space is looking for an experienced property underwriter to join their team. The Underwriting department is a crucial part of the success of the company as they continue to increase their work and expand into new lines of business. This candidate will have the opportunity to expand into new lines of business, provide complex analyses, and participate in process development. If you have coastal property experience in the property & casualty industry, then please apply.
Responsibilities of a Property Underwriter:
- Reviews policy inspections for various lines of business.
- Reports inaccuracies within policies and determines the outcome.
- Collaboration with the team in determining impact of discrepancies on premium or underwriting.
- Develops working relationship with agency producers and users to reconcile data and to determine impact on policy premiums.
- Re-rate policies for endorsement.
Requirements of a Property Underwriter:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of coastal property and CAT models and ability to assess results
- Decision-making skills
- Ability to fully manage a complex product
- Analytic skills, capable of working effectively with data.
- Strong Attention to detail
- Bachelor's Degree