- Develop close relationships with important e-commerce platforms. Deliver and manage product solutions that assist in the achievement of corporate objectives.
- Describe the business initiatives' value propositions. Convert business needs into product specifications. Ascertain that the development team is aware of the context and specifications in order to deliver a high-quality product on schedule.
- Gain a better understanding of the competitive environment in local markets, as well as market insights and client pain issues.
- Work with a variety of teams and stakeholders to manage and oversee the E2E development process.
- Research, observation, data mining, and E2E testing are all used to gain a better understanding of user thought and behaviour. Customers should be able to enjoy a smooth and relevant payment experience.
- Serve as a product ambassador both internally and internationally, as well as the primary point of contact for product-related questions.
- In any product-related interaction, manage external and internal stakeholder relationships.
- Recognise, define, and monitor product performance metrics. Continue to give feedback in order to increase client satisfaction and performance.
- On-site and off-hours assistance to assure product integrity during high-volume events
Qualifications and Requirements
- 5+ years of expertise managing payment products or in a comparable function.
- Thorough knowledge of Southeast Asia's e-commerce, payment technologies, payment channels, and industry participants.
- Practical experience working with both business and technical teams, particularly in the integration of payment channels or services.
- Understanding business requirements and developing product specs is a plus.
- Excellent analytic abilities and a demonstrated ability to make data-driven decisions, as well as the ability to create and manage qualitative and quantitative research and measurement programs
- Strong organisational skills - the capacity to flourish in a matrix setting where success is dependent on cross-functional teamwork.