Principal Systems Engineer (AD, Windows, IAM, AWS) | Top Hedge Fund in Boston
One of Boston's most successful Hedge Funds over the past decade ($160+ billion in AUM) has a unique opportunity for a Principal System Engineer to take ownership of their active directory, identity and access management, and authorization infrastructure. This is an opportunity for a hands-on systems engineer to drive a modernization effort focused on automation, cloud native solutions, and next-gen security tooling for a predominately Windows/Microsoft environment.
This individual will work closely with a senior team of engineers, and will be responsible for road mapping, design, implementation, and delivery of improvements to existing AD, IAM, and authorization systems. Long term, this role's impact will expand to a wide range of infrastructure teams, acting as a thought leader throughout an aggressive cloud transformation that will continue to optimize the efficiency of infrastructure processes and systems.
Day to day:
- Act as an L3/4 resource for critical issues, performing root cause analysis and implementing long-term solutions to issues as the team introduces new tools and technologies
- Design and implement a variety of scripting solutions to increase the efficiency and automation of infrastructure processes
- Analyze existing documentation and recommend improvements to increase knowledge sharing and eliminate single points of failure
- Research, analyze, and recommend new cloud services, cutting edge security tools, and opportunities for process optimization
- BS or equivalent degree
- 6+ years of System Admin, Engineer, Architect, or equivalent function
- Current hands-on expertise with Microsoft products including Active Directory, Office 365, Windows, Kerberos, etc.
- Hands-on experience with PKI, SSO, and authentication tools
- Hands-on experience with SCCM or equivalent tools
Take advantage of:
- Industry leading compensation and benefits
- Long term work from home flexibility (some onsite in Boston, MA required)
- A close-knit culture, prioritizing work life balance, professional development, and collaboration across all levels of the business