Principal Software Engineer | Boston, MA | C# ASP.NET SQL Server Azure & Angular
Explore and execute innovative engineering solutions for the industry's most elite quantitative analysts and researchers. This elite Boston based hedge fund is notoriously reclusive, generating more revenue per head on their lean and focused teams than almost any other firm in the industry. They are expanding their Software Engineering team with a Principal Software Engineer in Boston, MA to design and build a more diverse tool kit for their analysts to manage their value driven, long term investments.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will apply your deep expertise in software engineering and financial services to bridge the gap between our existing systems and cutting edge POC's. You'll leverage superb communication skills to work hand in hand with our analysts and investment managers to understand the business challenges they face, and build the technical solutions they need to move faster, work more efficiently, and extract the deepest investment insights.
- Design and build end to end solutions as the technical Subject Matter Expert for multiple different investment tools and analytic platforms
- Interface directly with business users, analysts, and researchers to understand business use cases and collaborate on technical solutions
- Develop under the direct sponsorship of our firm's CTO and engage with other C-level leadership
Your Skills and Talents:
- BS Degree or higher in Computer Science/Engineering; or other technical discipline
- 10+ years of software development experience in financial services
- Experience leading development life-cycle processes and best practices
- Significant expertise in C#, ASP.NET, and SQL Server
- Experience with WPF or Angular
- Knowledge of Azure, AWS, or GCP
- Industry leading compensation and benefits packages
- Work from home flexibility
- A close-knit culture, prioritizing work life balance, professional development, and collaboration and access across all levels of the business