We are currently partnered with a leading systematic hedge fund in New York that is looking to expand their Mortgage trading business. They have an existing team of around 20 people in New York and have just gotten approvals to hire a Quant Portfolio Manager/Trader to help confidently lead the daunting & exciting thought process behind trading historically illiquid MBS markets in a systematic fashion. Given their interest in the exploration of both CMBX and RMBX they are open to considering experienced PM's/Traders from both the buy and sell side who have successfully traded CMBS and/or RMBS for at least 5+ years. Beyond applied MBS trading experience qualified candidates must also have a foundational education in a quantitative discipline (Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Physics etc.) and have at least some applied in industry programming experience (C++/Python). Expert programmers are preferred however those with moderate experience with coding will also 100% be considered as well. This group is led by a very passionate Quant Head that is looking for someone who is equally as passionate and excited to tackle this challenge. This has rarely been done before so it is imperative that whoever they bring on board has an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
In tandem with the above search this fund is simultaneously hiring 2 experienced (3-6 year) prepayment modelling quants. Candidates must have applied Front Office modelling experience at a top IB and/or MBS focused Fund.
- Oversee strategy and trading for Non-Agency RMBS/CMBS products
- Lead efforts across research and new product design
- Oversee portfolio performance and development of new models
- Liaise with other PM's/Traders in the team and stakeholders across the business
- 5+ years of experience of either direct trading or portfolio management of non-Agency or Agency RMBS/CMBS with a competitive track record
- 5+ years of experience conducting investment analysis, research, and trading
- 5+ years of experience with Python, Excel, C++ and/or Matlab
- Bachelors/Masters in a Quantitative Discipline
- Entrepreneurial and passionate in nature in regards to tackling new challenges