An international bulge bracket investment bank is hiring a Market Risk Manager to cover USA and LATAM Credit Trading in their NYC office. This individual will work closely with the traders - this is not a reporting function.
This is an AVP level hire, and this individual will report directly to the US Head of Market Risk. The team runs lean with 3-5 Market Risk personnel in NYC as well as a Global Credit Trading team in Europe.
This individual must have previous experience covering Credit Trading/Fixed Income with strong understanding of basic bond pricing, risk metrics, and a variety of products.
- Provide pre-trade analysis and approval
- Challenge the desk's decisions on large/complex trades and push back as needed
- Enforce risk limits and approve limit increases when necessary
- Bachelor's required, Master's preferred
- 2-4 years of experience in market risk management function
- Products: HY/distressed and IG bonds, MBS/CMBS, CDS/CDX
- Coding experience (Python/SQL) and LATAM coverage strongly preferred
- Strong communication skills and strong market knowledge