I am working with a fast-growing insurance, reinsurance and investment management firm with offices in Manhattan and CT. They have a strong book of business as they manage $140 billion in assets under management and they're growing significantly right now after a recent investment from a top global investment firm.
Now they're looking to expand their Risk Division as the firm grows, they are looking to hire a Market Risk Manager. Considering the growth of the three main business lines, they want to build out a strong layer of leadership in Risk as they take the business forward.
Market Risk Manager:
- Managing the company's hedging program and other risk mitigation activities
- Risk monitoring; and supporting internal and external risk reporting
- Assist in monitoring and managing existing hedge positions and open risk on legacy and reinsured blocks of business
- Assist in reviewing potential blocks of business for acquisition and evaluating potential hedge strategies
- Collaborate with the Hedge Trading Desk to explore risk return profiles and trading analytics
- Partner with the Investment Management, ALM, Treasury, Finance and Actuarial teams to assess impact of various ALM and hedge strategies
- Understanding of variable and fixed annuity risk and profit profile as well as the modeling for these risks
- Strong Mathematical and analytical skills coupled with knowledge on fixed income asset classes, pricing models, complex derivatives, and numerical derivatives pricing techniques
- Excellent communication skills to meet critical objectives
- Ability to multi-task and be collaborative in a team environment