Fully Remote Role
We are currently representing an incredibly exciting independent investment research partnership who are focused on providing financial market insight and analysis for the individual investor.
They provide quality research and objective recommendations on portfolio allocation that cuts through the noise and allows clients to focus on growing their business.
They are looking for an incredibly intelligent Macro Analyst to join their team.
- Bachelor's degree, advanced degree or equivalent experience, preferably in finance, economics, engineering and/or computer science
- 2-3 years Macro Research experience
- Chartered market technician (CMT®) designation valuable
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with an ability to simplify complex concepts in an educational manner.
- Passion for investing and enjoy engaging in debates on investments
- Strong understanding of investment concepts, macroeconomic models & knowledge of what drives economies and markets:
- Monetary policy and its influence on the financial markets
- Market psychology
- Market cycles (commodities, boom-bust, long-term debt cycle and sector rotations)
- Technical analysis
- Inter-market analysis
- Generate investment ideas based on fundamental macroeconomic research, deep knowledge of sector trends and the business cycle
- In-depth analysis of economic data and macro indicators to identify tactical opportunities across asset classes
- Discuss research and opinions in an open-minded manner with the analyst team
- Direct communication with VIP clients on a daily basis regarding investing and trading requests
- Communicate insights and an understanding of both macroeconomics and major sectors to all clients through market updates in a creative, engaging and informative manner
- Simplify and interpret complex macro-economic concepts to keep clients ahead of the markets.
- In addition to the internally focused research, the successful candidate will be outward facing and represent the team on social media, the press and podcasts.
- Engage in written client communication and newsletters
- Develop a social media presence to share market research and opinions