- The role is with an early-stage start-up building the highest performance blockchain for smart contract execution in the world, to assist in finding a strong C++ developer experienced in low-level systems and performance optimization to join the team.
- The firm was founded by senior members of Jump Trading, and overall has an impressive gallery of experts in low-level performance optimization.
- They've completed their Series A round of funding, where they raised 19M in capital from Dragonfly Capital, Placeholder Capital, and Naval Ravikant (among others). As demand for decentralized computation increases they are looking to build something that can handle the increased load, and the platform that they've been building is capable of handling over 10,000 smart contract transactions per second (tps) compared to 10 tps and 1,000 tps of prominent competitors of Ethereum and Solana. It is also fully EVM compatible.
- You have a Computer Science degree, or equivalent experience
- You're an expert in C++ with excellent knowledge of lower-level details like memory management and multithreading
- You have excellent instincts for software architecture
- You're resourceful and able to work fairly independently
- You value communication and collaboration
- You're interested in building high-value systems
- You're excited about working in a startup, where you'll wear many hats and handle uncertain requirements
- Designing and building a high-performance multithreaded stack-based VM, as well as ancillary functionality (storage, RPC)
- Designing and building a distributed system kept in sync by a Byzantine Fault Tolerant (BFT) consensus mechanism
- Designing and building
- Identifying bottlenecks through profiling, and evaluating design choices for accelerating computation flow
- Contributing to developer tooling
- Tech stack: C++, go, clang, LLVM, gdb, perf, unix, git
If this is of interest to you, please do not hesitate to apply.