- Develop in-house expertise of global LNG and gas markets, especially Asia LNG market. Contribute to build trading architecture for the team on LNG.
- Understanding of customer needs, price mechanism/dynamics and global LNG balances.
- Management of both physical and paper positions, generate proprietary P&L based on market sentiment, fundamental and technical research.
- Generate arbitrage ideas and create values in "sweet spots" of the market back end longer dated price curves and implement profitable trading strategies.
- Identify and develop new potential trading opportunities.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with end-users, producers and key players.
- Follow global LNG market/pricing closely.
- Structure deals with capability to price and manage risks, develop proposals and negotiate final agreements with counterparties.Ensure that trading activity complies with risk governance policies and procedures.
- Minimum of 3 years' trading experience on LNG market, preferably with previous experience with big portfolio player and/or trading house experience with a track record of generating trading value.
- Extensive knowledge on gas markets, with a focus on the curve, with a demonstrable history of creating value.
- Solid experience of originating and negotiating spot, middle and long term physical LNG contracts including SPA, MSPA.
- Established strong relationship with existing LNG market participants, especially end-buyers in China.
- Previous experience or good knowledge in LNG operations and shipping
- Great understanding of options and able to build and structure optionality in deals.
- Excellent knowledge of energy markets with a minimum of 5 years' experience, knowledge of European and China carbon emission/power markets will be a plus.