Linux Systems Engineer Responsibilities
- Supporting and maintaining the firm's trading Linux Infrastructure
- Managing essential core services (DHCP, LDAP, DNS, NFS) for on-prem centers as well as public clouds.
- Ability to provide Level II Support:
- Install, deploy, configure, troubleshoot in the Linux/UNIX environment.
- Contributing to tools and systems to fully automate the provisioning, configuration, and monitoring of thousands of servers.
The Linux Systems Engineer MUST have the following Requirements:
- Daily use of developing automation and monitoring tools:
- Configuration Management
- Source Control
- Automated Deployment
- Minimum of 3-5 year's experience in the operation of a dynamic Linux [RHEL/Centos] environment.
- Working Knowledge of Intel-based hardware and server's components
- Expertise in scripting with Bash Shell; Knowledge of Python
Additional Qualifications are a plus:
- Financial Industry experience (and/or bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field)
- Experience with container technologies [Docker and/or Kubernetes]
- Understanding of server-side networking and typical network protocols.
- Proficiency in "Infrastructure-as-code" practices.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your application below!