My client, a Tier 1 Banking Group in Frankfurt with a strong leadership team, is looking for a Senior Legal Counsel contribute and advise on wide range of legal matters in relation to their activities around the globe. If you are a Lawyer, Legal Counsel candidate coming from an international law firm or financial institution, this is a wonderful opportunity for you!
As a Senior Legal Counsel, you will:
- Be responsible for business legal matters across EMEA on national and cross-border M&A transactions
- Provide advice on EU & German legal documentation & transactional risk
- Liaise with external law firms on legal issues related to corporate finance and equity capital markets / debt capital markets etc.
- Provide guidance to senior management towards restructuring, corporate law & regulatory topics
- Negotiate, review and draft various type of contracts including implementation of legal decisions throughout specific departments of the business
- Liaise closely with product lawyers for investment banking and equity capital markets projects in Germany and other global jurisdictions
As Senior Legal Counsel, you should have:
- Experienced as a (Senior) Legal Counsel in financial services sector and/or as a Lawyer in an international law firm on Corporate M&A or Capital Markets Law
- Knowledge in European and cross-border regulations
- Advisory and business development experience in an international environment would be an asset
- Previous experience as a Legal Counsel and/or Lawyer is essential - completion of first or second bar exam, admission to the German bar (Volljurist), master's degree and above is a plus
- Business fluent in German & English - other European language skills would be a plus