An industry-leading, global macro hedge fund based in the NYC area is looking to hire a Junior Trader to act as a main point person for execution of macro products in the US, including FX, Rates, and equity/credit derivatives. The fund currently manages more than $10B in total assets and has a global presence across the US, Asia, and Europe.
This role is unique, and will focus roughly 70% of the time on trading and 30% on risk management. This individual will work directly with the Chief Risk Officer on macro research, hedging strategy development, and fund finance, and will spend the rest of his/her time working with the trading team. The fund is ideally looking for an individual with experience in trading/execution trading, who is interested in moving into a role that will require you to wear a number of hats and get increased exposure across the business and markets.
- Work closely with the Head of Trading and regional trading heads in Europe and Asia
- Work as the point person for execution of macro products in the US (FX, Rates, equity/credit derivatives)
- Support the Chief Risk Officer in designing hedging strategies and fund financing projects
- Conduct research and analysis on macro topics for PMs and senior management
- Perform scenario analysis on hedging strategies across equities, rates, credit, FX and commodities
- Develop and maintain relationships with sell side trading/financing desks, strategists, and researchers
- Monitor risk exposure across funds
- Highly-motivated individual with at least 2+ years of experience working with credit derivatives, FX, and/or rates
- Strong analytical background with a BA/BS from a top academic program
- Knowledge of macroeconomic concepts and impact of trends on financial markets
- Ability to communicate results of analysis to a non-technical audience
- Prior trading/execution trading experience is preferred