This leading financial services company is seeking an experienced Java/AWS Software Engineer to join their growing team on a massive greenfield project. The ideal Java/AWS engineer will be able to apply both a depth and a breadth of knowledge in the space, as the role will involve taking the lead on a wide variety of projects. The global company is investing $11 billion in technology this year, so they're looking for team members capable of collaborating directly with high-level stakeholders to work towards innovative cloud solutions to business problems.
The role will require the following strengths:
- 3+ years of experience in Java development
- 2+ years of experience in AWS engineering
- Background with working in a senior capacity, including leading projects as needed
- Background with cloud architecture and design
- History of building applications on AWS with tools such as Spring Boot
- Experience with stream-processing software such as Kafka
- Ability to gather business requirements and address them through technical means
- Desire to work in and lead large teams geared towards collaboration
- BS/BA in relevant area strongly preferred, but not required
- AWS certification strongly preferred, but not required
This role will initially be remote due to the ongoing pandemic, but will eventually be located fulltime in the Plano area. At this time, the company will not be sponsoring visas.