A leading Global Asset Manager on the East Coast with over $5 Trillion in AUM is hiring an Investment Risk Manager to cover Quantitative Equities.
This individual will lead the team covering a $35-50 billion portfolio of mixed quantitative equity strategies including long/short, alternative investments, and factor-based strategies, among others.
This is a highly influential position where you will lead risk meetings with PMs and investment teams, presenting risk and factor based analytics that will shape risk-aware portfolio construction and strategy adjustments.
The ideal candidate will need strong quantitative skills and technical literacy to translate complex risk analytics into actionable insights for the investment side.
- Manage risk limits and portfolio construction across several active equity strategies
- Present risk analytics and insights to the business to impact investment decisions that maximize risk adjusted returns
- Coach and mentor a team of 2-4 quant risk analysts on risk-factor model development and enhancement and equity quantitative research
- Assess and approve new product launches and major strategy decisions/rebalancing from a risk perspective
- Represent the risk management team to internal and external stakeholders
- 7+ years of quantitative risk management experience
- Expert knowledge of equity strategies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Leadership and prior management experience
- Hands on skills in Python, R, SQL