An Asset Manager is seeking an Investment Risk Associate to join their Fixed Income team in the front office.
This hire will primarily cover the firm's actively managed fixed income funds, seeking to outperform indices through careful portfolio construction.
The Risk team sits on the trade floor and will be directly involved in the investment process from a risk management perspective. The firm's culture encourages cooperation with and challenge of the Portfolio Managers.
Members of the team are expected to provide risk analysis and constructive investment ideas to the PMs. This opportunity is ideal for a junior or mid-level risk analyst to continue gaining valuable buy side experience and exposure.
- Perform risk research on a variety of fixed income securities
- Provide macro market commentary to Portfolio Managers and traders to inform investment decisions
- Develop risk and pricing analytics/models and adjust portfolio construction
- Assist in tactical asset allocation decision making
- 2-5 years of market risk management experience
- Buy side risk experience at an asset manager, bank asset/investment manager, or hedge/mutual fund strongly preferred
- Proficient in Python, R, SQL, Excel/VBA
- Preferred product knowledge: HY/IG Bonds, Munis, Treasuries, MBS, CLO/CMO, FX Spot/Swaps/Options, Interest Rate Swaps/Swaptions